The Freedom Party notes that the United States Constitution is based on the fundamental Separation of Powers:
- Only Congress shall pass bills for the President’s approval (or over override his veto) to become a law.
- The President’s only functions are to approve or veto a bill, and be Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces.
- The US Judicial system (Appeals courts and Supreme Court) are only to ensure proper application of the Law (never to reinterpret the original intent of the law) and strictly interpret Laws against the US Constitution.
Under the Constitution the following fundamental principles for each Branch of Government are:
- “Congress shall make the laws and through laws issue applicable regulations. If a law or regulation is flawed, as found by the Supreme Court, they shall promptly correct the law. If the President or Supreme Court usurps Congressional authority to make the Law or Regulations, or fails to execute the Law, Congress has the responsibility to invoke the Impeachment Process against the responsibly party.”
- “The President shall execute ALL laws enacted by Congress, not just the ones he personally supports. “
- “The Supreme Court shall strictly interpret cases against the Constitution.”
The Freedom Party believes that all three Branches of Government have been negligent in ensuring equal protection under the Constitution. We propose Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court immediately re-establish (through Laws, Executive Actions, and Court decision) the following:
- All Citizens are absolutely equal in their right of due process and to be treated equally by all Laws whether victim or perpetrator, regardless of the citizen’s age, gender, color, race, religion, or sexual preference. No citizen shall have any more rights, or any more privilege, or any more priority, or any preferential treatment, over any other citizen.
- All citizens shall have all applicable laws applied verbatim on all crimes including murder, assault, battery, and/or vandalism [e.g., If Citizen A is assaulted by Citizen B, Citizen B shall be fully prosecuted under the laws of assault regardless of either citizen’s age, gender, color, race, religion, or sexual preference].
- Local, State, and Federal Executive Branches, and by their extension applicable law enforcement agencies, have failed in the past to apply verbatim applicable laws on murder, assault, battery, and/or vandalism regardless of a citizen’s (victim and/or perpetrator) age, gender, color, race, religion, or sexual preference. This must stop instantly. Each jurisdiction (local, State, and Federal) must immediately establish independent “Inspector General” oversight citizen committees with full jurisdictional representation of all ages, genders, colors, races, religion, and sexual preferences in relative proportions to general population of the jurisdiction, to independently evaluate and hold accountable the performance of the Executive Branch, and report individual findings to the Legislative and Judicial Branches.
- Enforce all applicable laws. However, there is a category of laws that were issued to “pile on” additional penalties. These “piling on” laws were enacted with good intentions. However, they have created disparate justice. For example:
- Individual A murders individual B; individual B is just as dead whether individual A used a gun, machete, baseball bat, automobile, etc.
- Individual A robs individual B; individual B has lost just as much whether individual A used a gun, knife, or threat of bare knuckle force, etc.
- Individual A is a repeat offender who has served their time and has been released and later is involved in a crime against individual B; individual A should not receive additional punishment beyond that dictated by the latest actual crime.
- Individual A commits a crime against individual B; individual A should not receive additional punishment beyond that dictated by the actual crime based on the ages, genders, colors, races, religion, and sexual preferences of either individual A or individual B.
The Freedom Party is greatly troubled by recent situations involving Freedom of Speech and the concept of “Hate Speech”. As an example:
“U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday [March 10, 2016] that not only has she discussed internally the possibility of pursuing civil actions against so-called “climate change deniers,” but she has “referred it to the FBI to consider whether or not it meets the criteria for which we could take action.” – http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-von-spakovsky/attorney-general-lynch-looks-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers
The Freedom Party notes that AG Lynch would therefore certainly have supported the investigation of Galileo for speaking out that the earth revolved around the sun which was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, which concluded that helio-centrism was “foolish and absurd in philosophy, and formally heretical since it explicitly contradicts in many places the sense of Holy Scripture”. Galileo was tried by the Inquisition, found “vehemently suspect of heresy”, and was forced to recant. Galileo spent the rest of his life under house arrest.
The Freedom Party concurs with Voltaire who is reported to have said, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
Accordingly, because of the threat to Freedom it represents, the Freedom Party supports immediate repeal of all “Hate Speech” and “Safe Space” laws and regulations. The Freedom Party notes that aggressive enforcement of “inciting to riot”, “defamation”, and “threat of violence” laws have proved adequate.
Furthermore, it is contrary to our Constitutional Rights to find offense at an expression of “Happy Hanukah” or “Happy Ramadan Wishes” or “Merry Christmas”, etc. The Freedom Party encourages citizens to use the appropriate greetings and well wishes.
A recent observation:
Fascist – Definition: I don’t agree with you.
Racist – Definition: I don’t agree with you.
Uncle Tom – Definition: I don’t agree with you.
These words, and many others like them, actually mean something. However, using such “purple words” to unilaterally smear, ridicule, or demean someone just because you disagree with their position is reprehensible.
Lastly, the Freedom Party would leave you with a point to ponder: “If Individual A (including the President or Attorney General, et al) can unilaterally decide that Individual B’s speech under the First Amendment to the Constitution is illegal, what is to stop Individual B (upon becoming President or Attorney General, et al) from then deciding unilaterally that Individual A’s speech under the First Amendment to the Constitution is illegal”. The Freedom Party opposes “Hate Speech” laws because they set a precedent that is horrifying in its implications for our future.