The Freedom Party supports an aggressive, comprehensive solution to the issue of our Inner Cities.
The Freedom Party acknowledges that our proposed solution will require a unified, national effort by all citizens, on a scope rivaling the effort for World War 2.
Accordingly, for any dialog on this issue to be meaningful, it is appropriate to approach the issue of our Inner Cities with the following perspective:
Every citizen has gone to the doctor. When you go to the doctor, you want the doctor to be brutally honest and give you the facts, discuss the facts and their bases, examine options collaboratively with the doctor, and jointly determine the path forward. You do not insult your doctor, you do not get angry with your doctor, and you do not argue with your doctor. You are both on the same side – you both want a permanent cure.
Our proposal is based on the following base facts, notwithstanding that these facts will be difficult for some citizens to accept. Your doctor would note:
- Sixty (60) years worth of effort and expense through government programs throwing money at the problem have not improved life for our inner city citizens. Two to three generations have now suffered through this failed attempt. It is now time to try a different approach, and to elect new leaders with a completely different philosophy and approach.
- There are not enough jobs in the inner cities to support the population of inner city citizens.
- Insufficient jobs results in increased unemployment, which fosters poverty and crime.
- Over-population and over-crowding in our inner cities also fosters crime.
- Subcultures exist in the inner city which exacerbate the situation: Some music, video, and video games glorify criminal behavior and make criminal behavior appear “glamorous”, “acceptable”, even “tolerable”.
- Liberal Democrat political power has been maintained in the inner cities through effectively manipulating the perceptions and behavior of most inner city citizens to instinctively first place blame on race or the police or the opposing party as the cause of their poverty. Obviously some race/police cases do occur, but this “first reaction” makes bipartisan collaboration, open & honest discussion, and complex problem solving, difficult or impossible.
- “Give a man a fish, feed him for a Day and he must vote for you forever; Teach a man to fish, create a tax paying Republican!” Liberals know this is true – so they have institutionalized and finely perfected political poverty.
The Freedom Party therefore supports Congressional and Presidential action to immediately address our inner cities and the issues of our inner city citizens, as follows:
- Federal and State agencies, working with employers incentivized by tax breaks, need to create jobs across the nation, and to offer those jobs and employer-paid relocation and job training to inner city citizens .
- Government program “effectiveness” shall be evaluated based on the success of moving unemployed inner city citizens out of the inner city and into jobs in less population-dense areas.
- Abandoned and/or dilapidated/unsafe buildings in the inner cities are to be immediately condemned, demolished or fully restored at owner expense, and if demolished, transitioned to green space within 3 years.
- Restrict immigration during this period to allow maximum opportunity for inner city citizens to match up with, or be trained for, well-paying jobs – suspend the immigration category of “immigrants with special skills”.
- Embark on a massive education effort to provide inner city citizens with the facts and benefits of relocation.
Also, we call upon Inner City pastors and ministers to aggressively confront the disintegration of traditional values and morals in our inner city citizens, and to oppose Liberal Hollywood’s stereotypical portrayal of blacks as criminals and racists, women beaters, pimps and hookers, illiterate, and oppressed. Inner cities deserve successful role models. If inner city youth would spend their time studying to be an Engineer, Doctor, or Lawyer rather than a sports hero or gang member, the cycle of violence and discrimination would be forever broken.
As for encouraging inner city residents to move out of the city, we note that in World War 2, the war effort resulted in the successful movement of millions of employees and their families. For example, California and Texas, for example, had their population increase by over 40% in 4 short years.
While many inner city citizens will naturally want to remain in their geographic area, even movement out to the suburbs and outlying areas would be beneficial. Importantly, moving to other geographic areas to well-paying jobs will main-stream our inner city citizens into their new communities.
Importantly, new inner city leadership needs to be selected. It appears self-evident that the only ones prospering from the plight of our inner city citizens are inner city politicians and civil/religious leaders – most of whom are now millionaires…
New inner city leaders must be selected based on integrity, honesty, and the ability to collaborate across the spectrum. These inner city leaders are not just new politicians, but civic and religious leaders as well. We suggest that all inner city citizens evaluate their new prospective leaders based on Dr. King’s principles:
Martin Luther King Jr. was not a Republican or a Democrat. Dr. King was not a partisan and never endorsed any political candidate. In a 1958 interview, Dr. King said “I don’t think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
A clean-slate is needed for a “Better Deal” for our inner city citizens.
“Elections belong to the people. It’s their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.” ― Abraham Lincoln